Việc làm Senior Manager - Humanitarian Advocacy là tin tuyển dụng của công ty Save The Children International
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This position is open for both International and National candidates.
The Senior Humanitarian Advocacy Manager in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in our public and private facing Rohingya Crisis advocacy, while also providing support to Rohingya focused Media and Communications colleagues based in Cox's Bazar.
The Senior Humanitarian Advocacy Manager will support the Cox's Bazar Area Team to develop and implement the Bangladesh Rohingya Response advocacy work-stream, manage all advocacy initiatives and liaise with other stakeholders on behalf of Save the Children. The function will be a focal person for all advocacy enquiries related to the Rohingya crisis from Save the Children International and individual Save the Children members. The function will involve advocacy on the immediate crisis and response, and related longer-term issues.
The role holder will also be responsible for strategically positioning Save the Children in both Cox's Bazar and Dhaka as a leading voice for Rohingya children. This includes ensuring Save the Children is actively engaged and represented in high level forums such as the Heads of Sub Office Group and the Cox's Bazar Advocacy Work Group etc.
Working closely with the Cox's Bazar Area Team (particularly with Programmes), the post holder will ensure that key advocacy messages and strategies are informed by the response and shaped in close consultation with the Bangladesh Country Director, Cox's Bazar Area Director and the ACCM Director The function will ensure that key advocacy messages are adhered to and will seek clarification on any politically sensitive matters which may have impact upon programme operations. The Senior Humanitarian Advocacy Manager is also responsible for assessing and managing risk to the country office, in consultation with the Senior Management Team, especially when considering any public advocacy or communications initiatives. It is the responsibility of the individual appointed to this post to ensure that all members of the SMT are up to date with current messaging, advocacy priorities and challenges that relate to the Rohingya crisis.
Qualifications and experience
• At least 7 years' working experience in advocacy on humanitarian, protection and refugee issues, child rights (including to education), in emergency response contexts, as well as on human rights and development issues
• Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues at national, regional and/or international level
• Experience of and strong skills in developing and implementing humanitarian advocacy strategies
• Understanding of UN and donor operations at country level and humanitarian response-planning cycles
• Experience working and developing relationships with the media, including doing live broadcast interviews on both TV and Radio.
• Excellent skills in advocating towards government officials, humanitarian actors, donors and UN agencies in developing countries and emergency context
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Excellent communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to seek people's views while also taking responsibility to determine the most appropriate course of action and to act decisively
• Experience in working with other NGOs and coordinating inter-agency advocacy activities, strategies and products
• Broad understanding of Media and Communication products required in emergency settings.
• Master's Degree, preferably in Social Sciences/Communications/English from reputed University
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Cox's Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview
'Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce'
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Closing date: 8 Feb 2023 - 00:59 +07
Location: Cox's Bazar, Location
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy